We foster knoweldge and markets efficiency by providing relevant and accurate information to rural populations (primarily farmers) on a daily basis over their mobile phones (Internet, SMS, Voice). We developed analytical tools allowing clients to track rural consumers’ sentiment. After the initial product validation phase with users, the signing of partnerships with mobile carriers, the first revenues from key agricultural businesses and the building of a robust team in Indonesia, we are now looking at hiring its General Manager to oversee its growth.
The General Manager (GM) will be responsible for managing strategic partnerships with mobile carriers, agricultural content providers and businesses. He/She will oversee the roll-out of the product throughout indonesia first and South East Asia second. He/She will define the marketing positioning in collaboration with carriers and managing the field operation managers (FOM) located in Indonesia’s key rural regions. The GM will work in close collaboration with the C.T.O and our telco VP based in Jakarta.
• Grow and manage the Indonesian team, implement rigorous management processes
• Grow and manage relationships with indonesian telecommunication carriers and leading handset manufacturers
• Drive sales to multinational agri-businesses and FMCG companies.
• Execute the marketing strategy and be accountable for achieving growth targets in user base, traffic and sales on the company mobile-web platform
• Be a thought leader within the start-up on how the company should formulate and scale its presence in Indonesia and South East Asia
The ideal candidate should be very entrepreneurial, independent and highly motivated to make a lasting social impact in emerging markets. He/ She should be comfortable with ambitious users adoption and financial targets. The position requires someone with a good understanding of the telecommunication industry and an ability to quickly understand the agricultural value chains, comfortable with working in a start-up environment and able to stretch between drafting a high-level strategy and understanding low-income users’ painpoints.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in business management, planning and financial oversight
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills – English required
• Demonstrated ability to lead a staff team
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s or advanced degree from a renowned institution. MBA a plus.
• Start-up experience a strong plus
• Ability and willingness to travel within Indonesia / South East Asia
" Only short-listed candidates will be invited via e-mail/phone for Test and Interview "