1. Provide a focal point for the provision of HSE advice and assistance within the Company, ensuring an effective HSE culture is fully integrated with all activities.
2. Develop and train personnel in modern risk based approach to HSE management using hazard identification and risk assessment techniques that remove, control or mitigation workplace dangers;
3. Advise, and where appropriate, develop, arrange or conduct technical HSE training programmers for Company operations;
4. Provide advice and support on HSE issues involved in the future design of new or modification of existing facilities;
5. Identify occupational hygiene and medical requirements by conducting or arranging relevant surveys to ensure maintenance of standards or improvements in meeting changes in operational conditions;
6. Investigate and report major accidents/incidents, and using a database track follow-up actions, identify unsafe trends and compile statistical information for management reports;
7. Ensure timely submission of all necessary reports to Company and governmental organizations such as SKS MIGAS, MIGAS, BAPEDAL, Manpower Department;
8. Maintain Emergency Preparedness Plans up to date, co-ordinate emergency and response exercises that cover full participation of the Company and external organizations;
9. Manage a Corrective Actions Register for HSE issues ensuring actions are assigned, initiated and closed out in a timely manner.