Advertised:11-11-09 | Closing Date:10-12-09
The A.P. Moller-Maersk Group of Companies in Indonesia comprises 4 companies. Group activities, apart from being the agent for Maersk Line, logistics, air cargo, regional container feeder service, container repair, distribution centre and warehousing.
Damco is one of the world's leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. For more than 20 years, we have been providing our customers with transportation and logistics solutions wherever they are in the world. We have 270 offices all over the world and a staff of 10,500 highly trained logistics professionals moving over 2.5 million Teus annually.
We, being an equal opportunity employer, are renowned for our dedicated and professional staff and global career opportunities. We are in the midst of rapid expansion, and an opportunity is now available for a career-minded professional to join us as Central Indonesia Branch Manager, based in Semarang. The incumbent is to lead and manage Central Indonesia sales team with aim of achieving the agreed short terms goals while driving towards long term growth plans.
DAMCO Sumatera Branch Manager, based in Medan
Local Logistics Strategy
- Provide Commercial Business Plan/Strategy for Sumatera Forwarding Sales
- Proactively execute annual Country sales plan with the overall business strategies.
- Develop and create sales and marketing strategies for Sumatera Forwarding Sales
- Ensure success in capturing/meeting new Damco business targets within Indonesia and area business plan.
- Develop and optimizing internal group relationship (ML/SCM/MCC/SCL) to support Damco performances.
- Organisation of Damco Sales product activities and resources according to local needs/growth ambition.
- Lead the development of integrated sales and marketing plans through direct and indirect input to the Country Commercial Manager.
- Manage the development of structured sales leads.
- Maintain relationships with Damco customers in Indonesia
- Contribute to the development of best practices, policies, guidelines, standards and procedures relevant to Damco Sales and ensure effective implementation.
- Conduct relevant market intelligence and analysis to establish competitiveness and increase the success rate.
- Manage and monitor of the outstanding payment - not exceeding agreed periods.
- Ensure transparency in the flow of sales cycles and the operation execution especially for project shipments.
- Drive Sumatera Damco Sales force to meet and exceed the short and long term financial targets level of profitability to APA.
- Responsible to Sumatera CM1 level as well as volume targets for Air and Ocean products
- Plan Sumatera Damco Sales short term and long term financial and growth targets.
- Manage Sumatera Damco Sales receivables in accordance with organization guidelines and directives
- Constantly review work processes to improve productivity and alternatively reducing cost.
HR & Training
- Coach, lead and motivate staff to reach personal, departmental and area goals.
- Minimize staff turnover to industry leading levels that support long range business plans.
- Ensure that all Sumatera Damco Sales staff are properly trained, both in technical and supporting skills.
- Recruit new staff as per standard directive in HR, and do the screening process of candidates clients portfolio’s.
- Ensure adherence to corporate Human Resources policies and guidelines.
- Support Country Damco Management in HR strategies.
- Ensure current legal contracts are used at all time for new contracts and that the latest recommended contract is used in contract renewals with suppliers and clients.
- Consult and work with retained legal advisors in regard to local conditions and legal developments effecting Damco commercial activity.
- Ensure that contracts are always in place to govern all business relationships.
- Ensure a constant attention to the prevention of fraud, collusion and nepotism in any elements of our business.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant Sales & Marketing experience with a forwarding or logistics-related background.
- Proven sales track record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.